Commitment to Individual Privacy
What information do we collect?
We will always collect personal information by lawful and fair means, and we will always protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We do not make your personal information available to other companies or reporting entities. Non-identifying information will likewise not be made available, unless reporting of such would be a requirement of the Texas Public Information Act.
When you make an online purchase from our site, the personal and credit card information that you provide when placing your order will be securely transmitted via advanced encryption and firewall security to our third-party fulfillment and payment processing partners. These third parties are fully compliant with Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards and requirements concerning the collection and retention of personal and payment card information. Compliance documentation can be provided upon request.
When is information collected from you?
We collect information from you when you complete a form or enter personal data on our website.
- The information collected from you may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your customer experience
- To share publishing news with you
- To administer promotions, contests or surveys or other site feature
- To improve the website
This site use common Internet technologies, such as cookies to keep track of user interaction with the sites, to remember user preferences and to maximize the user experience and performance of the website. TTUP utilizes Google Analytics, which may collect and track:
- Time of visit, pages visited, and time spent on each page of the webpages
- Referring site details (such as the URI a user came through to arrive at this site)
- Type of web browser
- Type of operating system (OS)
- Network location and IP address.
Third party website links
Users may find advertising or other content from Texas Tech University or links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, sponsors, advertisers and other third parties. These sites and services are outside of our control and may have their own privacy and customer service policies.
We agree to the following:
The following policies are instituted to protect your privacy:
- We do not use technology of any sort to collect personal information about our customers without their knowledge.
- We do sometimes request email, demographic data or postal addresses from website visitors, and we may use this information occasionally to notify you of new publications that we think may be of interest. You may ask to be omitted from such notification lists at any time.
- We do not make information you’ve provided on this website available to other companies for any reason.
Your acceptance of these terms
Privacy Support and Inquiries
If you have questions or concerns regarding this website and the statement outlined above, please contact us.