The Lou Halsell Rodenberger Book Prize in History, Culture, and Literature
Awarded biennially by Texas Tech University Press
The Rodenberger Prize provides for a $1,000 award and publication of the manuscript best illuminating women's roles in the history, culture, and letters of Texas and the American West, especially in West Texas and the Texas Border Region.
2018 Prize Submission Guidelines
- Manuscripts must be postmarked by November 30, 2017.
- Manuscripts must be submitted in hard copy in English, using a double-spaced 12-point font, and with an accompanying MS Word file. Mail submissions to Texas Tech University Press, ATTN: LHR Prize, PO Box 41037, Lubbock, TX 79409-1037. Submissions should be formatted to conform to the manuscript and graphics guidelines stipulated by the Texas Tech University Press (available upon request).
- Manuscripts must be no shorter than 50,000 words and no longer than 90,000 words including notes and ancillaries.
- By submitting to the competition you warrant that you are allowing TTUP right of first refusal to publish your manuscript.
- Submissions that do not receive the Lou Halsell Rodenberger Prize may also be considered for book publication.
- Manuscripts will not be returned and will be recycled after the competition.
- Portions of submitted manuscripts may have appeared previously in journals or edited collections, but previously published monographs will not be considered.
- All submissions should include a cover letter, C.V., and complete manuscript, including all illustrations and supplementary materials.
A panel of judges will determine the winner. The winning author will be contacted directly and the announcement of the winning manuscript will be posted to the TTUP website by March 31, 2018. Please do not call the Press or the judges to check on the status of your submission. The decision of the judges is final.
The winning manuscript will be published in 2019.
Dressing Modern Maternity
Their Lives, Their Wills
A Promise Fulfilled